my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's been a while, but I've been busy!

My dad bought me a sewing machine!!!  I was so scared at first b/c sewing has always seemed out of reach for me.  My mom was the most amazing and talented seamstress I know so to try and live up to a fraction of that was very daunting!  I'm sure in a way it would be a no brainer to carry on what my mom was passionate about, but for me it was a bit intimidating.  My dad talked me into it and now I have used that machine everyday for the past week!  I'm a bit OCD so when I find something I like I tend to go a little over board. I don't do patterns, I don't make clothes (my mom made my clothes and I felt like the biggest fashionista ever! She was amazing, not a minute goes by that I don't miss my mama!) I don't do bedding (another thing my mom rocked at, every bedding I had in college-yes I said "every" that was the advantage of having an awesome mama that could sew, when my style changed so would my bedding!  I was so darn spoiled it is silly!!!!!) BUT I do PILLOWS!  That's my new obsession.  I tackled the pillow with fringe, not a fun project but I can say I did it!  Here is what I've been up to...
This room is my baby!  I will have to  post pics of this room prior to me redoing it, it was very stuffy and I HATED it!! Now this is my room that I come sit in everyday to blog or check emails.  I LOVE it, not only b/c I did everything but b/c it's happy and soothing. There are my pillows!  I didn't do the solid blue but I did all the others!!!
The other sofa, I always sit on this sofa right next to the table and lamp.  It's my happy place. Is that strange, I hope not?! I'm a big homebody, I LOVE my home!!! I actually miss it anytime we go out of town.  It cracks Craig up, but I think it's a compliment to him and our family.  That man works hard so when he comes home I want him to enjoy our home and be able to relax.  I'm so blessed to have what we have. 
 
I recovered all 8 chairs in our dining room.  I told Craig to trust me on the zebra print, he's usually not a "flashy" person.  The reason I wanted to do zebra or something 'zingy' like that is because our furniture is very ornate.  In reality I would love to get a new table and chairs but... that won't be cheap! I looked into getting new chairs, parson chairs with linen covers, over $1000!!! Not happening. So I recovered them with fun zebra to counteract the ornateness then I'm getting rid of the busy, colorful rug and replacing it with a jute rug.  I'm so excited about this, it will change the whole room.  Once I have the rug in and the walls painted I will post a pic of finished product. I'm dying to get it all done. Again, OCD!!!
I made a new table "thing" I stole this idea from my hairdresser.  She actually bought a small throw at H.L. and put it on her table.  That is what I had for years and loved it but I wanted to add color so I did the blue.  I think once the walls are a different color, different rug, etc.. it will be perfect.  Oh I'll also change the candles and maybe candlesticks. Maybe some mercury glass-love that!
I recovered my seat cushion on the front bench.  I really like how it turned out.  I am going to make some pillows for the bench, (shocker, more pillows!) I have to find a better way to keep them put.  Right now I have them tied to the back of the bench but I don't like the look of that. I might add some rocks or something, see if that works. Darn wind tunnel, I swear that's what our street is.
Here's my little dinoSTAR! Mille was a Triceratop  for her 1st grade program. I covered her clothes with "scales" and made her a tail.
She is the cutest purple dino I've seen, move over Barney there is a new dinosaur in town!!!
I've been busy but it's been fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment