my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gum ball necklace

I had seen this precious idea on one of my favorite blogs (I don't remember which one-oops!) We at one time had enough gum balls for me to make 2 necklaces but...a certain little someone ate them with her friend. :o)  So I was only able to make one, they can always share.  It's very simple and very sassy!

Pick out the colors of gum balls you want and then get cute ribbon.  Then carefully (I actually hurried and stabbed myself- I don't recommend that!) use either a metal skewer  or a meat thermometer and poke a hole through the gum ball.  Pinch the gum ball and put it on the table, this will prevent breaking and sliding. You'll want to poke a hole on either side so it's nice and clean. Then get your ribbon and cut a point on the end. I even covered it with tape so it would slide through the hole easier.  After you slide it through the hole just tie a knot after each gum ball and finish it with a bow.

I know the girls will love this I can't wait to see what they think when they get home. I hope everybody stays warm, this weather is nuts!!!!
On my other model!  The funny thing is she even had on a tunic with gum balls on it! 

2 comments: