my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mille's Valentine box

This box screams my sweet little Camille. She loves bright colors (green is her favorite!) and she loves zebra print. I had saved this awesome box from a pair of boots I bought the girls, perfect size for valentine cards. I decided to cover it with material because it never fails that my kids want to keep their boxes and they are always "so pretty!" ;o) So since her room is pink/black/& white I thought this would fit in just fine.

It's covered with material and then I used a zebra ribbon to accent the opening. This is one of those projects that I grabbed whatever I had in the craft closet, no planning involved! Those are the best sometimes. I used pink ribbon and sewed them into a cute bow and then added beads to "fancy it up!" The other accent is scrap material that I folded and did a running stitch down the middle and then pulled it tight to make it scrunch up . I'm sure there is some name for that but I don't sew so I just  try random stuff out. I think I had seen this done before on HGTV, who knows!

Pam (Mille's teacher) said to add a picture so it would be easy for kids to identify while passing out their cards. So there is my sweet Mille.  When Craig got home I showed him her box, all he could say was "WOW!" I assure you it isn't from the hard work and creativity I put in while making it, it was because he said, "it's SO loud!!!" But when I explained that it's for Camille he agreed that it was perfect, like he said...LOUD! Wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment