my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Day Fun!!!

This next entry is going to show the odd way my mind works, so get ready! I was on one of my favorite blogs, Sweet Designs (blog.amyatlas.com - search snowman) and she had the cutest snowmen made out of milk bottles.  I fell in love with them right away, and I knew I had to make them at some point. The only problem was a lot of kids are allergic to milk and transporting these little guys to school would be a pain.  Well, several weeks went by and I kept thinking about those cute little snowmen, how was I going to make them work? So one day when the fam and I were at my in-laws farm my mother-in-law had these cute little water bottles. That is where you see how my strange mind works, who cares about water bottles? That would be me!! As soon as I saw them I knew they were going to be my version of the snowman! I went to one of my favorite stores (Hobby Lobby) and collected supplies. I bought styrofoam balls and some red fleece. I would have picked a fun ribbon but since it's  for boys and girls and for Valentine's Day I went with red. I used a melon baller to carve out a space for the lid of the water bottle and then I cut a black pipe cleaner into little pieces for the eyes. I didn't want to do that for the mouth so I just used a marker! Then the nose is a little orange bead.  I hope you think they are cute.  My plan is to put the water bottle, a little mini heart pizza, and heart shaped rice cake in a white bag for each child in the girl's class.  I figured it would be easy, fun, and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment