my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This is an older event but here is Mac's 9th b-day party

Mac loves donuts, so her 9th b-day was a donut party!  We invited 17 girls to the house for a p.j. party!  It was super fun!! I baked mini donuts for one of their party favors, I think there is like 120 donuts! By the end of the party I was a little tired of donuts.  I will tell you the pics in this post aren't the best.  I took them at night and they are dark...bummer!  I have better ones but they're on my ipad, I'll have to figure out how to transfer them.
This is another party favor which they also used during the party.  I LOVE these cups!!! I've used them so much because who doesn't need a cute cup. I picked cute paper and then just used random letter stickers to make their names.  I also made little flags on their straws, so easy but it was one of my favorite little decorations. I also made a bunch of felt donuts with little beads and hot glued them to the center.
Dark picture!!!! Ugh! This one 1 of 3 tables.  I took pillow cases and hot glued a giant felt donut that I made to the back.  Then I made a little banner that said "Happy Birthday MacKenzie" I dangled little donuts from the chandelier (I'm telling you that at the end of the party I hated my circle cutter or maybe it hate me! It did the job though! 
This is an up close of the banner.  I just picked fun paper in different colors.  I wish I had a better picture because it was really cute! I actually saved it to use for Mille or reuse for Mac.
Ok so the table is busy!!! That's because this was the gingerbread decorating table. I made little milk cartons(yes I said made! I couldn't get any from the dairy and I couldn't bring myself to get a bunch and pour them out.) and covered them with graham crackers.  Then I glued them to a cake circle that I covered with cute paper. I also glued a little music button that played Christmas music, they were .50 at Hobby Lobby! Mac loved that feature. You can also kind of see on the busy table that I made little place mats for each girl.  I made a donut shape and then used glitter glue for sprinkles. I then laminated them so they could keep them for a while. I will tell you that the glitter made the laminate bumpy. The center pieces are cans from like tomato sauce or something.  I covered them with cute paper then I stuck some floral foam in the can and stuck the donut into the foam.  I also covered the foam with cute tissue paper.  I liked how they added height to the table.
Close up of the gingerbread house and place mat.  I made then little runner as well, just picked fabric and then hot glued(love hot glue!)the fringe.
I always make a sign for the girls, so here is Mac's.  It's a giant donut with cute letters on it.  
Another table that was set up.  This table was used for painting ornaments.  I also had a station set up on my kitchen island where the girls painted picture frames.  While everything was drying and the girls played I stuck a picture of the girls that we took at the beginning of the party. It was super cute.
This is a bad picture but I guess it's the only one I have that shows the party favor.  I got little crates from H.L. and printed out their name and put a donut on the crate. Then inside they put their frame, ornament, gingerbread house and cup. I also made milk cartons and filled them with the mini donuts, there is a little baggy filled with Cheerios labeled "donut seeds"I also made little pony tail holders that have felt donuts on them.  That was a last minute thing I came up with and they turned out cute. Now that I type it out it was a lot of stuff for a favor but I got everything %50 off at H.L. and I kept adding projects for the kids to do b/c I was afraid they would run out of stuff to do.  It was a really fun party!! Mac and I have started planning for next year, she's so like me it's scary at times!  We are doing a baking party but with only 6-7 girls. 
Now I'm off to start planning for Mille's party.  I have the color scheme and party theme just have to come up with invitation and decorations. I'm excited just thinking about it, I love planning a party!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment