my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Few Things I've Learned About Myself

I've learned a few thing about myself over the past few days.
1) I love summer because I LOVE being with my girls!
2) My daughters couldn't be more different.  One is organized the other is...well...not organized.
3) I might be the most impatient person on the planet earth.
I sum this up with the words LOVE,  TOLERATION and PATIENCE.

   First is pretty obvious, I love summer because that means my girls are home and I get to see them ALL day.  They've grown up so much and being with them is so precious to me.  I know that pretty soon they will probably be too cool for me so I'm eating up the quality time I have with them.  As we speak Twilight is on t.v. and as soon as Mac realizes this she stops playing Wii to come watch. I ask her why and she says she just really likes it.  I ask is it b/c of McHotty (my name for Robert Pattison?) She gives me a smirk, then I ask do you think he's cute??? Her reply,"Doesn't everybody?!" HaHa love it!
   The 2nd thing I've learned is that my girls are so different it's insane!!!  Thankfully they are enough alike that they get along great.  My example of this is the girl's room.  Mac's room is neat and organized, not to mention the fact that she's so much like me it's scary at times.  She asked today if she could move furniture around b/c she "Likes to mix things up" WOW she is my child!!!  Mille on the other hand....she is a stash and shover.  Her room literally scares me at times. I will walk in to dust it and I have to walk out b/c I feel like I might have a panic attack from all the junk lurking in the closet.
   Lastly I am getting a good sense of how I have no patience.  i've known this for a while but I really didn't realize how bad it was until this week.  I'm very much of a "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can get done today type person."  It drives Craig crazy, but I can't tell you how much it comes in handy.  We even each other out, I guess.  Mille tried out for Dance Company in May and Jenni said she'll send an email out after the recital.  There wasn't a date given just a promise of "after the recital."  Y'all I can't tell you how many times I've checked my email.  Let's just say if I had to pay $1 for each email check I would owe about $100,000! The sad part is I'm not being that sarcastic.  Mille has been asking about every 30 minutes for the past 4 days so has Mac.  Man it's funny how much things like this can consume you.  I've even waked up in the middle of the night to check my email.  I hope Mille makes it, she is too.  Mille and Mac did so great at the recital, I was blown away at how well they did!!!

Well I'm off to enjoy time with my girls (watching Twilight with Mac) enjoying the fact that Mille's room is super clean right now and back to checking my email for the 100,001 oh no wait 100,002 time today! AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!
 
We went to breakfast together as soon as summer began.  Mille had been at a friends the night before so Mac really missed her.  She was being all "kissy kissy" You can tell Mille wasn't sure about that.
My babies!!!
Saw Epic, it was indeed EPIC
Great movie!
Oh darling you are beautiful!
Bungee bouncing!

Recital time!!
Me and my babies!!
Shiree and The 4 Musketeers 
Mille got her ears pierced (for the 2nd time) with the help of Mac's friends!
Mac in her "mini Shiree" dress.  We were picking up Mille from basketball.  Funny thing is I had on a t-shirt and yoga pants and explained to her we were going to be cleaning the house.   This is what she puts on, she's a girly girl what can I say!!!
This is the mess that resided in Mille's closet!  The scary thing is, when you walked in her closet you didn't see over 1/2 of it.  The child is very good and shoving and hiding clothes.
Clothes to go through that were "stuffed" in her drawers.


Still waiting on results.  Literally checked my email 10 times while writing this post.  




No comments:

Post a Comment