my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fuzzy Friends Delivery

I took the girls to Fuzzy Friends this afternoon to drop off all of the loot that Mille's friends donated instead of presents.  I wish I had taken a pic of all the food and toys, but of course I didn't.  Mille's friends are amazing!  They brought kitten, puppy, cat, and dog food.  They also brought lots of fun toys for cats and dogs.  Mille's picture is on the Fuzzy Friends facebook page which is exciting for a 9 year old.  We also got the chance to play with all the cats.  Oh my gosh I don't know who is a bigger sap when it comes to a room full of cats/kittens me or the girls?  Yikes, Craig was teetering on getting a few extra cats.  We didn't even see the dogs(we're going back to do that next time.)  Fuzzy Friends is an amazing place.  They do not kill or turn away any animal.  Some of the cats they have are 15 1/2 years old and they've had them since they were little.  The girls have decided to set aside allowance money so they can buy more food for the animals.  Honestly I'm going to start buying an extra bag of cat and dog food every week I go to the HEB and then the girls and I will get to take it to the shelter.  Yippee, another excuse to play with animals.
There were several cats that I fell in LOVE with but this little man stole our hearts and LOVES Mille.  His name is Maurice, how cute is that.  He is so loving, he kept coming up to mille and snuggling her.  It was so precious!!  I also fell in love with a cat named Beans.  He is a special needs cat, he has a neurological issue.  He was beautiful and really pulled on my heart strings.  They said he can't get on tall places b/c he will fall.  He doesn't jump or land on his feet like a normal cat.  I could go on and on naming them, literally the girls and I know all their names.  I love how the staff knows them all and talks about them like they're family, which they are.  I kid you not if one of the cats died tomorrow I would go to Fuzzy Friends and buy Maurice.  We actually tricked Craig and said we adopted him.  The girls thought I was just messing with him but really I was testing the waters to see how mad he would be.  Let's just say his face was REALLY pale and I think I could see some sweat.  He wasn't "mad" just really ill.  I must admit it was kind of funny, yes I'm that mean.  If anybody is reading this blog and wants a cat, please go to F.F. you won't leave empty handed.   For now we have plenty of animals, 7 to clarify(3 cats, 2 dogs and 3 fish-do we count the 3 lizards that we talk to outside?) but I kid you not I've got Maurice on the brain!!! Oh my gosh he was precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment