my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Days like today make me a happy mama!


I wrote this last night, my computer went crazy so it's now posting. Update Mille has tested and passed ALL facts and read another entire book!  Go Mille!
     With Mother's Day just around the corner( this year it falls on my birthday which is an added bonus) it's always nice and refreshing to have a day like today.  As many moms know you spend your days and nights worrying, praying, working with, frustrated, and other adjective you can think of about your kids.  You always pray for a day when you are just proud and happy about your kids and their accomplishments.  Well today was just that and I want to remember it so it's going on my virtual scrapbook.  Honestly I'm proud of my girls every single day.  It doesn't have to be a life changing moment it can be just a simple gesture or kind word.  Today Mac took it upon herself to give her dance teachers an apology letter about dance convention.  Nothing huge happened but let's just say I was disappointed with her and this rarely happens.  They have these auditions for scholarships and the junior company was supposed to try out.  Well most of them did but then they decided they were hungry and the other girls were better or more prepared so they decided to leave and eat lunch.  As soon as Mac saw me she knew it was the wrong thing.  This might not be a huge deal but as a mom I was really disappointed because not only did she follow instead of leave but she also just gave up.  Those aren't characteristics I've taught nor do I want her to learn.  After we talked about it she decided to write a letter to her teachers.  She is such a sweetheart and I'm so proud of her.  She also was taught a great lesson by my dad the other night.  It makes me laugh because I've said it to her before but regardless I'm just glad she listened.  She came home from dance tonight and said, "Mom, you know Grampy said the answer is no until you ask the question? Well tonight Mrs. Liz didn't know how we were going to end our tap dance and even though I was nervous I thought about what Grampy said and I asked Mrs. Liz if I could share how I have been finishing the dance at home. She said to show her so I did and now we are ending the dance like that!  All because I spoke up and asked the question!"  Woohoo a lesson learned!
    Miss Mille also had a great day!  Oh how those make me happy.  Math is very much her forte and she really enjoys doing it.  Well they started taking timed tests on all their multiplication facts.  She came home yesterday having finished all the way to her 6's.  We studied last night and then when I picked her up today all she has left is 12's plus 11 x 12.  This took Mac a couple of weeks to complete and Mille is doing it in 2! I am so proud of her.  She doesn't enjoy reading near as much as math so getting her to read a book is quite challenging to say the least.  She has only met her goal once MAYBE twice this year so I am determined for her to meet it this last 6 weeks.  Tonight she sat down and read all 8 chapters of her book.  I wish I could say it was without pouting or without her reading out loud to me, but at this time I can't.  There were huffs and yes I had to hear her read her book out loud but you know what it was worth it and I'll do it again tomorrow and the next day.  Mille's face when she finished the book and made a 100 on all the facts was one of those priceless faces.  I am so proud of her and I hope she remembers this feeling of accomplishment!
   Oh it's these moments as a mom that you live for.  Not only are your children happy and accomplished but they are learning life's little lessons along the way.  I quickly sent them to bed after all of these things happened because I didn't want anything to ruin the good feeling we all had going tonight!  Being a mom is truly the hardest job in the world but today is an example of why it's worth it 10 million times over.  I'm blessed and I adore being a mama!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment