my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Little Bit of This and That

Mac had her guitar presentation in April.  We LOVE Mrs. Koch!!!  Oh my gosh she is amazing.  Of course I started tearing up when the class started playing Unchained Melody, that was one of my mom's favorite songs.  I hate it when those out of nowhere moments come about and you border lining the big time ugly cry.  I just had to stop paying attention and start thinking about my grocery list. :o)
I love my girl soooooo much.  She makes my heart so happy.
Shifting gears...Mac had her dance convention on Mille's b-day.  I brought her along and she had fun hanging out with Mac's friends.  They had a blast swimming.
Mac and her dance friends with Mille Bug.
Jr. Dance Company + Camille(hopefully she'll make company and she will be a Jr Dance Company member!)
Since it was Mille's bday the night before we celebrated it at Rainforest Cafe.  Mille really had so much fun with Jr Company.  she and Jaden had fun hanging out which is cool b/c Jaden's mom and I were best friends growing up.
Love this pic because you can see how happy she is!!!  Not to mention how much she is blushing!!  Look at this pic compared to the one before it.  They sang to her and then made her flap her arms like a chicken.
Yummy dessert!!!
Time to switch gears again!  Mille had a wonderful field trip to The Olive Ranch near Georgetown.  It was so fun and the day could not have been more perfect!  Here she is with her precious friend         Ella Drue.  I love how they are holding hands.
Sorry Mille the sun was right in your big green eyes!  The kids were listening to Mr Danny tell us about  the ranch and he was cooking some yummy fresh green beans!!!
Mille snapping green beans!
Brinley, Ella Drue and Mille enjoying the yummy green beans!  All the kids loved the green beans, kids that didn't like them usually.  They were just fresh green beans cooked in olive oil!

We got to enjoy 2 hay rides!!!!!!
We also listened to a very educated man tell us all about bees.  Very interesting information!!  All  I can say is if I were a bee I hope to be the Queen bee and not a worker bee, yikes!!
We also learned how to make soap.  This sweet lady and her girls were there selling yummy soap. I bought 3 different ones, Cherry Almond, Mint and Golden Sunshine.  They are all made using Olive Ranch olive oil.
Class Picture with Josh one of the owners (it's a family business, such a sweet family!!!)
Sweet friends playing
They were super tired so they took a little cat nap on the ride home!
We've been busy so onto another day...  Ella Drue came over so they could make their Market Day stuff.  The girls made precious Duck Tape headbands, Duck tape bracelets, stress balls and are going to meet again to make chocolate dipped Twinkies or aka Twingles.  I made little aprons for them to wear on the day.  I had been wanting to make these headband holders for my girls so I went ahead and made them so ED and Mille could display their lovely work on them for Market Day.
Stress Balls, Mac was a huge helper and filled the stress balls for the girls!
Last but not least we have BUTTERFLIES!!!  I couldn't for the life of me get a pic of them with open wings!!!  They look like a moth but they have beautiful orange/white/black wings.  We let one go which we then felt very bad about because we didn't know that the sky was going to fall about 10 minutes after we set it free!  We are telling ourselves he found a wonderful place and is Happy Happy Happy!
This butterfly loved Mac's hand and her shirt!
Precious girl, pretty butterfly.
























No comments:

Post a Comment