my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter treats and preparation for Mille's party!!!!


I can't believe Easter is right around the corner!!!  
I've been super busy getting stuff ready for Mille's party but I couldn't wait to get these little guys ready.  I ordered books for the girl's class through Scholastic.  The books I bought were $1! Mille's class is getting Junnie B. Jones and Mac's class is getting Dear Mr. Henshaw.  Then attached to it  are 2 little peeps and a note.  Hey Easter isn't Easter without some peeps! :o)

Nothin better than a cute book and some yummies!

I love Junie B. Jones!  One day I'd like to write some childrens books!!!!
On to Mille's party!  This party has been sooooo fun to prepare for.  It is a Silly Celebration for Silly Mille.  Here is a picture of the cake topper I made for her cake.  I got the idea off of one of my favorite blogs.  I found all of the wooden parts at Hobby Lobby and glued them together.  Then I painted the features and sewed the little dress.  The arms are wire and rope and the b-ball is air dry clay that I made into a ball.  Easy and fun!!!
Here are my versions of my girls!  Mac is on the left and Mille is on the right.  I made Mac's for her   
 b-day, hence the donut in her hand.
It's so funny because even though the figures are the same, the way I decorated them are so true to my girls!! Mac is so dainty and sweet and Mille is girly but with a flare!  I can totally imagine Mille being a college basketball player, but she would make it her own style.  Think Serena Williams meets basketball. My girl has got her own way of doing things, I love it and over time have learned to not only embrace it but  ADORE it. She is truly one of a kind to say the very least!
Sweet sisters!
This isn't a pretty picture but it does show the chaos of prep work for Mille's party.  As of right now I have 3 bags full of party stuff.  Yikes I hope I can get EVERYTHING there.  That's not to mention...
Party favors, 4 huge trash bags of balloons, and the cake, cupcakes, popcorn, marshmallow pops, and the list goes on. Yikes!!
Party supplies that I got online at one of my favorite blogs.  The polka dot papers are for popcorn, the little cups will hold my cupcakes and the circles to the right are the cupcake toppers I made.  I can't wait to post final pics of the party.  If it all goes well it will be super cute, well I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment