my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Thursday, April 28, 2011

TAKS treats for Mac and class

My sweet Mac finished the big all so exciting (can you hear my sarcasm?!) TAKS yesterday!!  So the room moms sent snacks.  I didn't have cupcake mix,  this shocked me b/c I try and keep this stocked!  I guess I used it all on Mille's party. I had plenty of cookies from the cookie sale at school. So I decided to make cookie sandwiches. 
After they cooled and I iced then I wrapped them in wax paper, I didn't want them to get messy.
Then we stuck them in these cute little brown sacks.  They were the perfect size for one cookie sandwich.  We attached a little card saying, "Way to go, We did it! Love, Mac" 
 Even though Mac had to take tests 2 days in a row she was actually excited about them.  She never ceases to amaze me.  She was fired up Monday night about the Math TAKS test, again I was amazed.  Mac wasn't the best Math student at the beginning of the year, but her teacher this year Mrs. Penson is AMAZING!!!!  We love her! She has given Mac not only the "skills" to succeed but also the passion and self esteem to make her soar this year.  So Monday night she couldn't stop talking about how great she was going to do on the test.  Then of course after she gets there and they do the test she is even more excited because they get longer recess  and, wait for it....they get to eat in the room!!!!! AWESOME!  My baby always finds the good in situations that others think stink, one of her best qualities.  
I had to include this pic because I thought it was cute/funny.  Tuesday night we had a tornado scare.  The kids were almost asleep, TAKS night-yikes!  We had to get the kids and hang out in the bathroom.  I ended up getting my iPad  and the kids watched Modern Family while I looked at a magazine and drank a glass of wine!  The funny thing is even after Craig came and told us the scare was over the girls and I still hung out until the show was over.  In case you didn't know, the Cherry family is weird!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment