my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thank goodness I love my child and baking!!!!

Only a few days left for Mille's party!  She is so excited and as of right now we are expecting 32 kids, WOW! I think I have everything prepped and ready with only a few things left to do.  After the girls left this morning I started baking, actually I baked from 8:00-2:30.  I made 48 tie-dye cupcakes (didn't ice them yet), a 3 tiered cake (not completely iced yet) 40 cake ball sundaes, and 36 marshmallows pops. Tomorrow I need to go get a few b-day presents for family members and then I will finish a couple of things for the party. Exciting!!!

Here are the marshmallow pops, so stinkin easy and cute!
I used sprinkles that I had left over from all the holiday cupcakes and cookies I've made before and then ribbon left over from party decor.
These are the cute cake ball sundaes!  So easy, and super cute!!!  They take a little time but they are easy! It's just waiting for them to chill that takes the time, and when you are impatient like me that stinks! :o)
Too cute!!! Of course I picked a dented one to show, but you get the idea.  They are vanilla cake balls then you melt chocolate, put it in a squeeze bottle and squirt chocolate in a candy mold.  Then you squish down a cake ball in each mold and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes.  I did that to all of the cake balls then I melted the vanilla waffers and dunked each cake ball in the vanilla.  Then you just sprinkle with sprinkles and stick on a gum ball.  You can also make them so they are on a stick, but these were easier.  I didn't want to have to stick them into something for drying and display.
Again a dented one, but isn't it little and cute? 
Why is it the smaller something is, the cuter it seems? Oh by the way my little testers, Craig and Camille (I'm not telling Mac, she would be very jealous!!!  She was at dance when they tasted!) had one and they said they were yummy!  That's a relief b/c it would stink if they were only cute but tasted bad!!!




1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!! The party was SO cute and C had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete