my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Friday, March 25, 2011

Easter is coming soon!

I always love Spring time!!!  Everything is blooming and the weather is just delightful.  It was also my mom's favorite time of the year so even though I think of her daily all year long this time of the year is very precious to me.  I find myself remembering special memories of fun things we did together and also I imagine what fun and creative things she would be doing with my girls.  For those who don't know, my mom who was an AMAZING friend and mom pasted away in September of 2001 from a brain tumor.  I was about 7 months pregnant with MacKenzie at the time so my mom never got to meet either of my babies.  So many times I imagine what she would be doing with Mac and Mille, one thing is for sure she would be SO in love with both of them!!!  My dad and I joke that if she were still alive I would actually be begging her to leave my house and let me have some time with the girls alone.   If only .....
I included some pics of spring/Easter decorating that I do each year.  I give the girls a Christmas ornament each year so when they have a home of their own they will have a good start on their Christmas tree.  Then I got the idea from a friend to expand that to other holidays.  My second favorite holiday is Easter so each year I get Mac and Camille a bunny.  The girls love to look at each bunny and remember when they got it.
Some of my favorite pics of me and my mom!  I was probably a Sophomore at Baylor in the top pic.
This is a great photo that I love!! I was about 6 years old in this one.  My mom was so gorgeous!!!


These are bunnies my dad bought they girls last year in Salado.  Each year the girls and I go to Salado during Christmas (another thing I did with my mom and dad each year!  Love it, so the tradition continues with the girls and my dad!) but this particular year we didn't get to go at Christmas so we went in the Spring! These are actually my favorite bunnies. :o)


All the little bunnies on the table!
Far away view
This is a tiny view of what I've been working on!  Mille's 7th bday is coming up so I've been busy doing fun little things for her party!  Her are the water bottles each child is going to get.  The theme is "Silly Mille's Celebration!"
Little center pieces that I might use on a couple of the tables.  They didn't turn out as cute as I'd hope but they'll add fun to the party.  Once I have it all done I'll add more pics.  A lot is done but it is all in bags waiting for party time!



No comments:

Post a Comment