my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patty's Day 2013

I always love St. Patty's Day because we always wonder if the "L guys" will come and pay us a visit.  We also like to make little goodies for the teachers and classmates.  Below is the gift we gave the girl's teachers.  

It has Jr. Mints, green gum, green candy, gold coins, and Skittles in it.
This is what the Leprechauns left the girls.  Usually they leave a mess, put green paint everywhere, and turn our milk and toilet water green.  They did leave green footprints on the toilet and turn the water green and left a big green smiley face on the mirror (I forgot to get a picture before I cleaned it!) Below is the scavenger hunt they left the girls.  When they woke up they found the paper leading them to the next clue.  Unfortunately I didn't get to watch them do it b/c I was giving the dogs a bath and hair cut(we locked them up in the bathroom during the night so we could sleep all night and Granger decided to use the bathroom and then they both walked all in it!  Oh such a great way to wake up!!!) the girls did it alone and found a huge treasure under the pillows!  The L guys left so much candy all covered in gold wrapping.

This is a picture of the green bell Mille found on the floor.  She declares it must have fallen off of the L guys outfit!!!  She carried around for about 2 hours just looking at it and she was so proud to have it.  (Her finding this bell made my day b/c I love how kids find things and make them something special.  That bell had been there for a week and my vacuum wouldn't pick it up, heaven forbid I bend down and get it. To Mille it was something special, a treasure!  It shows you that something special might be right in front of you all along but you won't find it until you look for it!  I will keep that bell as long as I can because it makes me smile, just like my sweet Mille!
This is a close up of the snack I made for Mille's class.  Don't you love it when you come up with an idea and you think it's just awesome so you HAVE to do it even if it takes WAY TOO LONG to do?!?! I fond myself doing that all the time!!!  Thankfully they turned out how I wanted them and they were yummy!  Next time I do them, yes I will make them again, I will use disposable pans so I don't have to play the waiting game and cleaning game with 4 casserole dishes. :o)
I decided to put them in a little baggy and attached a fork to each one so Neta Kaye could just hand them out and not have to do mush work.  When I taught it was such a pain to pass out the plates, cake and forks.  This was a one stop shop!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment