my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Friday, February 15, 2013

A Busy January and February

Well we've been busy around here yet again!  Thank goodness it's all busy fun.  I'm posting tons of pics to show what all we've done.
I decided to make new curtains in the kitchen and I got new chair covers. :o)
Love the chair covers and how cute is my precious little owl vase, I got that with Leslie in Canton.
Here is our discipline/reward/chore whatever you want to call it.  The girls get chips for everything listed below.  So far it's working awesome!!!  I just have to remember to put them in each day. ;o(
Here are the guidelines
I made a Mrs Potato head for a friend of Craig's.  It's a long story, let's just say he's a 42 year man who is from Idaho and thinks the Baylor cheerleaders are super cute.  So why not make a toy to make fun of him. Craig said it was a huge hit at the mtg!!!
A little Valentine door fun.
I love decorating for every holiday!
Mille's LOVE sign, she painted it all by herself.  Mac made one to, I need to add that photo. Oops!
The wreath I made for the door, first time to make a wreath like this.  It was super easy and fun.  
Meet 1 of our new pets, this is Mac's fish his name is (best fish name ever) Billy Bob Joe!  Love it
Added some hearts to the shelves above the beds
Here is Mille's fish, Sage.  I love him, he comes to the glass everyday to see me.
I painted Mille's frames and really need to update the pics.  Looking at Mille's room...she wants to have her walls painted green for her bday. I need to start looking into that.
Mac loves to play chess(well at least she did for a while) all of the sets are o serious and expensive!! I decided to make one that fits my family.  I bought a wooden folding table and painted it, then I made little pieces out of wooden shapes.
Here are Mille's queen and King.  I made them to match her and let her pick colors too.
The horse was the most difficult but I think it turned out pretty good.
Here are Mac's queen and King.  I must point out that she requested the king to have blond hair and blue eyes(Missy if your reading this can you guess why she picked those colors? Love it!!)
This by no means is orderly but I have to show this...my mom and I bought this from as you can see it used to hold stamps but when they went out of business we thought we'd make it into a treasure.  It sat in my sister's room forever holding junk. When I bought a little sewing table (which now holds my junk!) I knew exactly what I wanted to put above it.  Now every time I look at it I think of my precious mama, not that I don't think of her everyday anyway. :o)
The inside of teacher's gifts.  I emptied out the candy(jut bought cheap box of candy) then filled it with kisses and gift cards.
My little pig with Valentine love
My chalkboard that I made to cover the painted fruit basket that's on my wall.
We had a small Valentine party at our house.  I let the girls invite 3 friends each and we had the best time!!!  It was very low key and it was just me and 8 girls, 8 girls that are just about as sweet as they come!  Here is the tablescape, thank goodness the weather was awesome b/c majority of the party was outside!
Love my mason jars!!!   I have painted lids and plain lids, I use them ALL the time!  They drank lemonade with yummy fruit to make it fancy with fun straws.
They decorated cupcakes, man they are quite the little group of bakers!
How cute is that little scoop?! 
Mille's little note
I have used the fans so many times!!!
The girls made the decorations, I love that they love to do crafty things.  I especially love the kind words they wrote on the hearts.


Mac's little message
Mille's message, she makes me happy!
The girls painted little wooden boxes.  MAc said they would be "crush boxes" gee I wonder who she's going to put in hers? Hmmmm
I did a big girl table and a little girl table.

table of goodies, craft stuff if they wanted to make a card, etc...
Super fun mustaches!
I love how my girls watch closely for their friends to show up.
Very anxious!
Mille's sweet friends!  Piper lives in our hood, Courtney is on our basketball team and sweet Bella has been a friend for a while.  She doesn't get to see C & B much so that's why she wanted them to come.  These girls are not only as sweet as sugar but very talented little artisits.
Mac and her usual suspects!  I have the privilege to have these sweet girls come home with us every Tuesday!  I love it!!!  They are sweet hearts and I love them like they are my own!  Mac and Savannah have been best friends since Kinder, Mac and Abbey have been best friends since 3rd grade and Miss McKenna and Mac were best friend in mother's day out through pre-k.  They kept up with each other through dance but were thrilled to be in school together again and lucky to be in many classes together! Actually Abbey, McKenna and Mac have several classes together and their lockers are next to each others!
Silly girls!  I think they grew some facial hair!
Mac and her pretty cupcake!  I love this precious baby!  She makes me so happy each and everyday.  I see myself and my mom in her.  Actually I think she got my mom's best qualities and mine too b/c she's much better than me.  I actually learn from her on a daily basis.
My sweet Mille bug!  Oh this one makes me laugh, scream, and cry more than anybody else.  I earn my mommy badge with her but I wouldn't change it for the world.  She has a heart of gold and when I look at her my heart melts.  I love cuddling her and she makes me laugh EVERY single day.  We can bump heads but she is always trying to make me smile and wants my approval above all.  i love her so much it hurts!!!  She is my precious sweet baby, I'm giving her a big kiss right now! XXXOO
The finished boxes, look how creative these girls are!!!
Their favor boxes, I got them from Shop Sweet Lulu.  I love that website, I could spend a million dollars there!!!
The innards of the favor box.  Ring pops, lipstick pen, jumping frogs, stretchy hearts, glow sticks, bubbles, and a craft book.  The usual junk but my kids love it and I'm realizing one of my "kids" isn't going to be a kid for long so I'm MILKING it for all i can!!!

Moving on the class treats... this is what I made for Mille's class.  Homemade chocolate chip cookies filled with icing rolled in sprinkles.
Valentines for teachers, I actaully came up with this, no pinterest here baby!  Cute little note, "You color me happy!" and a  bag of fun colored pens and markers.

Drinks for her class, pink lemonade and I also sent fun heart straws.

Mac's valentines for friends
Yum
Valentine breakfast!  I might need to invest in a heart shape pancake mold but for this year "mom made" did the trick.  All week I made heart themed breakfasts!  Monday I did heart "egg in the hole"then I did the heart shaped cinnamon rolls and heart shaped toast.

I'm already planing Mille's bday party!!!  It's going to be awesome!!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment