my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Friday, February 24, 2012

Message Center


I was really tired of the old message center that I had up so I decided to make it prettier and work better for our family.  I plan on using one letter bin for Mac and one for Mille.  It seems like there are always a million papers coming home form school and I always misplace at least one!  I added a calendar to the cork board but didn't take a photo of that (found a really cute monthly calendar online and printed it out)
These are the girls chore charts.  They want to start getting an allowance so I told them that was great but they needed to complete a list of things each day/week to earn it.  I'm keeping a tally and then whenever they accumulate enough to buy something then I will give them money.  We did an allowance a while back but I hardly ever have cash and I would forget to pay them so I think this will help me and them.  I even told them that once they earn enough $ and we are out shopping and they want to buy something I could just do it that way. 
I just covered a white/magnetic board with cute paper then I hot glued cute buttons to little magnets.  They take a button and cover up what chore they did.  I put daily and weekly chores on there and I even included "extras" for them to either earn extra $ or make up for days when they didn't complete their daily chores.  So far so good, I just take the chart with me and look in their rooms and then tally up what they earned for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment