my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mac surprise birthday party back in December

I was going to do a baking party for Mac but then I thought a slumber party would be fun and Mac has ALWAYS wanted a surprise party...so why not do it all at once!  I made the girls aprons and then I put their names on chef hats.  The girls used cupcake liners to make flower decorations for their hats, they turned out really cute. I used small metal pails as the base of the little cake stands.  I took a cake circle and covered it with scrapbook paper then hot glued it to the bottom of the pail = cake stand!  I baked small cakes and the girls decorated them.  That was their dessert so if they loaded it with icing then that's what they ate.  Some were kind of scary but most turned out awesome!!!

It was great because I used a lot of stuff that I used at Mac's party last year and even some stuff from Mille's party too.


I made Mac's apron a little more fancy then the others, she's the birthday girl after all!!! The aprons turned out really cute.
A close up of the cake stands and all the cupcake liners too.  They just used the liners to make whatever flower they wanted, super cute!!!

Mac and mama with her apron!
There is a pic of her apron and her cute hat!  She did such a great job on her flower!
Mac and Mille, Mille had another b-day party to go to so she didn't get all dressed up. Mac is decorating her cake.
adding chocolate, yummy!
Finished!  Her cake looked great, she put a little M in the center.  She's pretty creative!  :o)
My sweet baby, can't believe she's 10!
Sweet girls!
For the next morning we had yummy chocolate milk!
Yummy cereal too, I also had cinnamon rolls and pigs in the blanket.
The girls had so much fun and they were all asleep by about midnight.  I had to enforce it b/c a lot of us had a busy weekend.  I  will say it was great having it on a Friday night because the girls were kind of sleeping from school.  They surprised Mac (she had NO idea!) then they decorated their hats and cakes.  We ate pizza and our yummy cakes then they played some games.  After the games were over they made mini scrapbooks.  Once they were all finished they settled in (I moved out some furniture and they put their sleeping bags on the living room floor) and watched ELF.  Fun night I know Mac will never forget it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment