my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Monday, August 22, 2011

Let the Craziness begin!

I can't believe school is just around the corner!  It has been a fun summer but I'm actually excited for school to start.  I feel like a better mom b/c I can get "stuff" done and then concentrate on my girls when they get home. Plus for the first time ever the girls have been fighting constantly so once they are busy again and on a schedule, hopefully the fighting will stop.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  We made some back to school goodies for friends and neighbors.  We made some cookies and put them in a container with a note that says ,"You're one SMART COOKIE!"
We also wanted to make the girls classmates a little prize so we made stress apple balls.  We just filled balloons with rice and then added a pipe cleaner for a stem and then added some smartie candies for fun. The little card said,"I hope your year is stress free! Glad you are in my class."
A close up of the stress ball apple.

We also made the teachers a little gift.  These are highlighters and we put them in a bag with a note that says,"You're the HIGHLIGHT of my day!" 
We made little Teacher's First Aid kits. We put fun little stuff in there for the teachers to use whenever they need to. There is a pic of the innards later in the post. This is Mac's for her teacher.
This is Mille's for Cara.
Here is another pic neighbor and friend gifts.
I did big ones for friends that have another sibling going to SB and then a small one for friends that only go to SB. 

We had meet the teacher!  This is Cara Fisher's room, Mille's wish came true and she got Cara!!!! YIPEE! Mac had her and we adore her, BIG TIME!
Cutie pies!
Mille at her desk.
Cara and Mille
Cara, Mac, and Mille
She did a little sheet and it says,"The best thing about 2nd grade is: (mille wrote) I love doing Math and I love my teacher, she is awesome!)
Here is Mac's teacher, Mrs. Gage.  She is super sweet!  She is new this year and has kids at SB too. Mac is really excited to have her, she really liked her.
Here is a pic of the inside of the teacher first aid box.  This is Mille's for Cara.
This is the inside of Mac's for Mrs. Gage. I hope they will like them, it's just stuff teachers need and some quarters for the drink machine. I would have loved it when I taught, I always try to think of things I would have liked as a teacher. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment