my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to School Get Together

I wanted to do a little back to school party for the girls.  When I say small I mean small, only a few friends of the girls.  We wanted to make a collection for The Family Abuse Center so friends brought school supplies for donation.

Thankfully I had most of the decorations, don't know if that means I'm a prepared party thrower or I have a problem.  Either way it was easy and I just bought the cute alphabet posters and that's about it.
Mardel has this precious new line of chevron decor.  Oh my if I was still teaching I would be in trouble!!!
I'm leaving the "Back To School" banner up for the girls.  I figure it will be cute pics for back to school.
I had these containers left over from a party and thanks to Pinterest made them into pencils.

I had saved some of these containers knowing I would find something to do with them...thanks to Pinterest again...cute little gumball machines.
Cute apple plates
Love using my owls when I can.  Normally this little guy holds my pens in the kitchen.  Today he is holding paper straws.
Apples(you have to have apples for back to school, right?!) and toppings for ice cream treats later.
I used these guys for a cherry themed party, turned them into apples.
I've been wanting to collect globes for a while now.  I don't know why I like them so much but I always have.  They came in handy for the decorations!  Just added another one this weekend, thank you Junque in the Trunk!!!

Mille having a blast on the slide!
Mac doing her typical pose.  Seems like lately I get more silly faces then real ones, which is great b/c at least she's having fun!!
Woohoo
Eating some lunch.  It was funny this day was actually cool outside!  Who knew Texas in AUGUST could be cool!!!  It rained at the beginning so the girls were cuddling up to stay warm.
I had little pint size ice cream containers left over from a party and we used those.  Yummy birthday cake ice cream then they added toppings.  We even added a candle and let them "make a wish for a good year!"  Sweet girls, I love them!!
Mille and MC with their ice cream
Hope they made a great wish.  These 2 will be on dance company together this year! 
Silly girls, they grew some facial hair!! :o)
Now onto school prep!!  Of course you have to decorate your locker.  Last year we bought wallpaper for Mac's locker but this year we made it.  We then found some cute accessories for it as well.
Mac with all her school supplies.  The most exciting is the earphones for the ipad!!
Fun folder colors and cool composition notebooks!
Mille with her stuff!
Mille picked out cute earbuds for her ipad.  Love her BU notebook, cute!!

I will post pics of meet the teacher and first day when we get there.  Until then soaking up every second with my babies!!






























No comments:

Post a Comment