my girls

my girls
MacKenzie (Mac) age 11 and Camille (Mille) age 8 1/2

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fall Teacher gifts

I wanted to make the teachers a cute fall decoration this year so I went to my new favorite website, Pinterest!  If you have never checked this site out you need to, it's amazing!  You can get all kinds of ideas, from decorating your mantel to fashion ideas to holiday planning. You type what your looking for in the search section and it will connect you with ideas. It's full of great ideas and I love to find ideas and then tweak them or just copy them.  I fell in love with this wreath idea and wanted it for my door. I went to Hobby Lobby and all the "fixins'" were on sale so I thought perfect teacher gift.  Each wreath came out to about $12, pretty good. 
I bought a straw wreath, pumpkins(you can't see them but they have a stick attached so you can stick them into wreath), spanish moss, floral pins, and burlap. 

All you do is pull and lay moss on the wreath and then stick floral pins into the wreath.  This was messy but for some reason fun.  There isn't a wrong way to do it.  The moss kind of sticks together b/c it's all twisted together so then you just stick pins where ever it kind of sags.
Pic of covered wreath, took maybe 5 minutes.

The moss was kind of messy so I didn't take pics of the rest along the way,but after you cover the wreath just stick in the pumpkins how ever you like. Then to finish it off use the burlap to make a bow.  I secured it to the back side of the wreath with a couple of floral pins.



No comments:

Post a Comment